I spent most of my life in a state of what I call busyness bliss. Although many of my memories were positive experiences that brought me great joy, I was living life on the surface. By floating on the surface, I have been able to disengage from true life experience. Until recently, I have avoided the dive into deeper waters of the unknown, sparing myself from pain and fear but also robbing myself of self awareness and growth. Perhaps I was too busy to stop and feel, or perhaps I was too scared to put my head below water and face the demons that were hiding in the murky corners. Regardless, I have been thrust into the water involuntarily, but now I am taking advantage of the experience that will emerge from this uncomfortable place.
I decided to write this blog for two reasons. First, I read a blog that inspired and moved me in a way that gave me the push to start self reflection and enlightenment of my own. My mind is consistently thinking, processing, and evaluating throughout the day, but most of the greatest ah-ha moments come when I sit down and reflect. We think about many things during the day, but how many things do we actually sit down and ponder its relatedness to our own experience? Secondly, people gain perspective from others. Powerful bonds are created by learning and sharing our own unique experiences with others. I feel close to others when they disclose intimate information about themselves. They become real to me and they become relatable. Most people hide in their flaws, fears, and denials. We go about our daily life telling people that we are doing well, when inside we are all struggling with some aspect of our life that is not serving us well. We are creatures that want to be validated by others. I hope that by putting my "dirty laundry" so to speak, out there, someone else might find comfort in knowing that we as humans are more similar than different, therefore giving someone else a platform to explore self awareness and healing for themselves.
I don't claim to have anything close to answers or any particular truth. I speak from my experiences and have made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes. I have my own fears and anxieties that I battle daily and by no means have anything figured out. I don't believe in any absolute truth but we can all find meaning and truth for ourselves and make them applicable to our own needs. There is never an end to our learning or healing. There will always be change and adversarial challenges awaiting us. I am not looking for the finish line but looking to evolve everyday into a more mature, articulate, caring, and self aware individual.
This blog will take many paths and there will be days when I can share inspirational stories and dark moments that will be uncomfortable to write about. There will be spelling errors, there will be humor, and places of personal vulnerability at sharing my story with others. My goal is to keep writing from my heart and hopefully I will take something useful from this experience and hope you can find something relevant for yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment